Saturday, April 25, 2009

RAINY DAYS......


This morning we woke up to an inch of now. Oh well it melted off fast and all the Wyoming-ites say we need the moisture. We had a few thunder showers too today. Jay had to work today and I did not. So I did some house work, planned my lesson and then decided it was time to finish the quilt I am making for summer Young Women Camp. We all made a square of our own and I had no idea what I was doing. I got them all together, none ended up backwards. Then I had to figure out how to sew the batting and back on. All in all its not too bad for my first time. It will serve the purpose for those cold nights at camp.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

It's really cute, Penn!! What a great idea!! Who would ever have guessed 30 years ago that you would be making a quilt!! You did a GREAT job!! Girls camp in Wyoming is going to be so different from camp in Texas - can't wait to hear about it!

derek and michelle said...

Good job miss crafty!

Reed & Melinda Family said...

Yeah, it looks really good!

Jen said...

Penny I'm so proud of you! It looks fabulous.

Spike and Linda said...

Looks like you are a Pro! xo

Anonymous said...

You're going to girl's camp? I hope it doesn't snow!!!
Love the quilt. Great job!!!

Erin said...

What an adorable quilt. It's crazy to think you will need a quilt in the summer. We Arizonians can't relate!